Getting your work published is an important step in any conservator’s career. Learn from our panel of experts how to get your ideas, research or project into print.
Join us for the next webinar in IIC’s series of Professional Development seminars – “Writing for Publication”
Date: 26th November 2019
Time: 2.00 pm GMT
Duration: 1½ hours maximum
Location: Online – contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your Zoom link to take part
Cost: Free to IIC members, £20 to non-members
Interested in writing for IIC or another heritage organisation? Perhaps you have been unsure which publication to write for, or how to begin?
This webinar allows you to hear from conservation professionals who have a wide range of experience as writers and editors. Each will give a short talk offering insights - followed by questions and queries from our audience.
As with previous and planned IIC Professional Seminars, it is a chance to join a forum where conservation professionals can hear contributions from other conservators who have been down this path. Whether you have a fully thought-out journal proposal, or want to sharpen up your writing skills in a variety of other forums, this seminar will help you to make a plan and choose your next steps.
Our five experienced speakers are:
- Joyce Townsend - IIC Director of Publications
- Sharra Grow - Editor of IIC’s e-magazine News in Conservation
- Chandra Reedy - Editor-in-Chief of IIC’s journal Studies in Conservation
- Austin Nevin - Head of the Technical Committee for proposals to the 2020 IIC Congress
- George Cooper – Journals editor at Routledge Taylor & Francis
- Chaired by Kate Smith - Communications professional
You can read more about IIC’s other Professional Seminars here
Resources from IIC
- Studies in Conservation is the leading per-reviewed conservation research and practice journal.
- News in Conservation is IIC’s very popular e-magazine, published six times each year.
- Conservator social media can sometimes be a good first place to air ideas and consult your colleagues, including IIC’s own Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn presences.
We look forward to your joining us!