Harvard Library Preservation Services invites you to two free virtual events to celebrate Preservation Week 2021!
Virtual Demonstrations of Preservation Treatments and Techniques
Monday, April 26th at 1pm ET
Register for this event: https://harvard.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYkduGspjkqHNUIn61xzhpU5RSeaLk...
Please join us for a series of short demonstrations that will showcase a range of preservation activities with staff from across Harvard Library Preservation Services including:
• Saving Family Treasures: Caring for 20th Century Vernacular Photographs at Home Amanda Maloney
• Paper Repair: Live from Collections Care Nora Dempsey
• Ask an Expert About AV Preservation Elizabeth Walters & Robert Vaszari
• Software Emulation for Long-Term Access to Digital Content Tricia Patterson & Stephen Abrams
• Making Simple Book Support Cradles from Matboard Susi Barbarossa
• Supertape! Making and Using Conservation-grade Mending Tissue Christopher Sokolowski
• Environmental Quick Assessments using Dew Point Calculator Carie McGinnis
• How to Bake a Video Tape Catherine Siller
Virtual Tours of the Harvard Library Conservation Labs
Thursday, April 29th at 2pm ET
Register for this event: https://harvard.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_aCRI-77KSgKLxF3fnQ10zg
Harvard Library Preservation Services is pleased to offer a virtual tour through the 3D scanned images of two conservation lab spaces: the Collections Care lab in Widener Library and the Weissman Preservation Center. Join staff from across Preservation Services for a virtual open house to explore the spaces and hear about some of our work.
https://preservation.library.harvard.edu @HarvardPreservation #HarvardPreservation