Studio Tchelet and The David Azrieli School of Architecture at Tel Aviv University, will be hosting the 7th International Architectural Finishes Research Conference in Tel Aviv, 14-15-16 October, 2020.
Previous conferences have defined research into these finishes as Architectural Paint Research (APR). We believe it is time to expand the definition of our research to include all architectural finishes. For this conference we will be addressing it as Architectural Finishes Research (AFR).
The 2020 AFR Conference organizing committee is sending out Call for papers and posters for its next conference. Call for papers and submitting instructions can be found at https://www.afr2020tlv.org/call-for-papers
Topics should ideally include but are not limited to:
1. Multidisciplinary AFR research, documentation and study - Studies using a multidisciplinary research method, integrating cultural, historical, investigative, material and any other discipline used in the process of understanding and documenting a historic architectural finish in the built environment.
2. Historical Architectural Finishes: Studies in which Architectural Finishes research has shed new light on history, by revealing and studying layers, traditional materials and traditional techniques. Cases in which developing and/or new technologies and techniques have altered existing knowledge.
3. Microscopic Examination of Historic Architectural Finishes: Studies involving new techniques or reanalysis of existing data to further our understanding of historic finishes and their use.
4. Murals and color systems in sacred spaces: Projects and research in conservation and preservation in places of worship. One area of investigation is how conservation and preservation techniques and methods have been affected by the cultural and/or religious surrounding in which they were undertaken.
5. Sgraffito - case studies of Sgraffito conservation; materials, techniques, themes, styles and preservation.
Submission deadline has been extended to December 20, 2019.
Submissions from AFR specialists and advanced students, as well as members of related disciplines including art conservators, preservation architects, decorative painters, heritage managers and material scientists are invited.
For any questions please contact Dana Lantzman at firstname.lastname@example.org.