IIC introduced a new membership structure in 2017 that continues for renewal for the July 2018 to June 2019 membership year. The five categories of IIC membership are unchanged
- Retired Fellows
- Individual members
- Retired individual members
The standard rates for these categories of membership have been held at the same level as 2016–2017 and 2017-18. Two changes to the membership structure now offer discounts on these standard rates.
Discount by location
First, Fellows and Inidividual Members who live and work in countries where salaries are substantially less than those in, for example, Western Europe and North America, will be offered a discount based on the categories of per capita income used by UNESCO and the International Council of Museums (ICOM). Membership fees will be unchanged for those in countries within band 1.
- there will be a 25% discount for band 2 countries; and
- a 50% discount for those from band 3 or 4 nations.
A full list of countries and their bands can be found here. The discount will be calculated automatically, based on the address supplied to IIC. This address must be set in your account page before purchasing a new membership. IIC Banding map: light grey = band 1; mid grey = band 2; dark grey = bands 3 & 4. Base map from www.outline-world-map.com .
Membership of other organisations
Second, Fellows, Inidividual Members and Student members of IIC who are also members of certain national or regional organisations can receive a 10% discount on IIC membership. A full list of these organisations is available here:
- IIC Austrian Group / Österreichische Sektion IIC
- IIC Croatian Group / IIC Hrvatska grupa
- IIC French Group / Section Française de l'IIC
- IIC Hellenic Group / Ελληνικό τμήμα του IIC
- IIC Italian Group / Gruppo Italiano dell'IIC (IGIIC)
- IIC Japan
- IIC Nordic Group / Nordiska Konservatorförbund
- IIC Spanish Group / Grupo Español del IIC
- American Institute for Conservation
- Associação Profissional de Conservadores-Restauradores de Portugal
- Asociación Profesional de Conservadores-Restauradores de España
- Association of Conservator-restorers in Bulgaria (Асоциация на реставраторите в България)
- Association Professionelle des Conservateurs-Restaurateurs d'Oeuvres d'Art / Beroepsvereniging voor Conservators-Restaurateurs van Kunstvoorwerpen
- Association for Conservation of National Treasures (Japan)
- Associazione Restauratori d'Italia
- Australian Institute for the Conservation of Cultural Materials
- British Association of Paintings Conservator-Restorers
- Canadian Association for Conservation of Cultural Property / Association canadienne pour la conservation des biens culturels
- Fédération Française des Conservateurs/Restaurateurs
- Hrvatsko restauratorsko društvo / Croatian Conservation Association
- Institute of Conservation
- The Institute of Conservator-Restorers in Ireland
- Magyar Restaurátorok Egyesülete / Association of Hungarian Restorers
- New Zealand Conservators of Cultural Materials
- Österreichischer Restauratorenverband
- Restauratoren Nederland
- Schweizerischer Verband für Konservierung und Restaurierung
- Verband der Restauratoren
You can select the organisations that you are a member of in your account page (under CV and domain). This needs to be done before purchasing a new membership for the discount to be applied. The discount is applied automatically when you renew your IIC membership.