NB - this event takes place at 14:00 – 15:30 GMT
Africa Union of Architects presents 'Digital transformation for cultural heritage in the time of COVID-19'
There is no doubt that cultural heritage institutions face real challenges as museums, libraries, theaters, cinemas, and handicraft markets were among the first to be closed due to visitor gatherings. In light of the strict measures in the social distancing, the confinement and the total lockdown of most cities, with the suspension of air traffic, buses and trains cross countries due to the COVID-19 pandemic, a mechanism should be found to restore the visitors intimate contact with cultural heritage institutions. So we in the Cultural and Heritage Commission would like to take our role by launching a webinar on this topic.
The webinar will focus on five topics;
- How to mobilize our broad community by using virtual meetings and working with partners to make a difference through digital transformation.
- How to support visible capacity building and human resources training, what tools are we needed to achieve the digital transformation of cultural heritage.
- The required support and continuous encouragement from relevant international, regional and national organizations so that the digital transformation of cultural heritage becomes a reality even after the end of the pandemic of COVID-19.
- Cultural institutions should maintain contact with their audiences as a burning flame not stopped by a pandemic, as COVID-19, through investing in the spirit of creativity and innovation among young people of and opening job opportunities for them to be a force that drives the dream of the digital transformation of cultural heritage to be a fact.
- Exchanging information and experiences in how to archive cultural heritage information is among the requirements of the current and future stage because it helps in preserving valuable and attractive information for global marketing aiming to gain a rewarding financial return that can cover the current costs of cultural heritage institutions.
Culture and Heritage Commission
AFRICA UNION OF ARCHITECTS (AUA)
Full details of this event, with speakers including a representative of IIC, will be announced shortly. If you are interested in attending this event, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.