Getting your work published is an important step in any conservator’s career. Learn from our panel of experts how to get your ideas, research or project into print.
“Writing for Publication”
Date: 26th November 2019
Time: 2.00 pm GMT
Duration: 1½ hours
This webinar brought together several conservation professionals who have a wide range of experience as writers and editors, each of whom gave a short talk offering insights, followed by questions and queries from our audience.
As with previous and planned IIC Professional Seminars, it was a chance to join a forum where conservation professionals can hear contributions from other conservators who have been down this path. Whether you have a fully thought-out journal proposal, or want to sharpen up your writing skills in a variety of other forums, the discussions had, and questiuons raised in this seminar will help you to make a plan and choose your next steps.
Our five experienced speakers were:
- Joyce Townsend - IIC Director of Publications
- Sharra Grow - Editor of IIC’s e-magazine News in Conservation
- Chandra Reedy - Editor-in-Chief of IIC’s journal Studies in Conservation
- Austin Nevin - Head of the Technical Committee for proposals to the 2020 IIC Congress
- George Cooper – Journals editor at Routledge Taylor & Francis
- Chaired by Kate Smith - Communications professional
Resources from IIC
- Studies in Conservation is the leading per-reviewed conservation research and practice journal.
- News in Conservation is IIC’s very popular e-magazine, published six times each year.